What a horrible wash day, ya'll. Matted and tangled hair galore. I started back working out this week. I wanted rinse some of the sweat out of my hair from the last few days. I rinsed my hair in the shower and used the Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment. Rinsed that out and towel dried. My hair was soft but tangled. I was so frustrated with try to detangle that I had to take a break otherwise I would have pulled every strand out of my head. So I took a break and detangle. I somewhat salvaged my poor hair. Let it air dry and left it alone.
Fast forward to Friday, November 30, 2012
So after posting my frustrations on Hairlista some of my sisters in hair said that I possible had product build up and could see that being apart of the issue. I was oiling my scalp nightly with the Hair Trigger Growth Elixir, m&s afterwards, and add in the sweat from working out. I could very well have a build up. I also think that my technique was a culprit as well. I should have known better not to wash my hair all down being 10 weeks post. Shame on me.
So this wash day, I took my time and washed in sections. I've washed my hair in sections before but I never really took my time and it paid off. My hair was less tangled and easier to managed.
1. I clarified with the Creamy Aloe Shampoo from ORS making sure that I cleansed my scalp first. Followed that up with CON Argan OIl Moisture and Shine Shampoo. This shampoo is great for detangling and has saved my hair on many occasions.
2. I used the Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor on each section. Left that on while I tended to my other shower duties then rinsed it out. I use this once a week to add a bit of protein to my hair since my products are mostly moisture based.
3. After rinsing the conditioner, I
4. I detangled with the comb and my fingers at times. My leave of choice was the TreSemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner. This conditioner a few months ago was used as a co-wash conditioner and my hair loved it. I stopped using for a minute went back to it and my hair said "Hell NO! What is this you are putting on me." lol My hair felt extremely dry. Therefore it went to the product graveyard. I usually use the Shi-Naturals Creamy Leave-In at this point but I wanted to try something else this time around. Now the TreSemme Conditioner is coming out of the product graveyard and going back into my product lineup as my leave-in on wash days.
5. After detangling and moisturizing with the TreSemme Naturals I sealed the Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum. I stopped using oils awhile and this has become sealer of choice. I love it. Despite it's thickness my hair never feels or look weighed down and it smells great. As for my hair not breaking anymore, I don't use it for that reason so I can't say Yay or Nay to that claim. I love it anyway.
6. I air dry my hair 100% of the time now and I haven't had a problem so far. I use the scarf method to keep my edges smooth. I sometimes air dry in 2 bantu knots or in twists. Then I rock a textured bun until I wash again. The end. lol
Moral of the story: ladies by patient and gentle with your hair. This is a hair journey not a hair sprint. Let's keep the setbacks to a minimum.