Today I took a much needed day off. During my day off I got my hair straightened. The last time I got my hair straightened was in December. I want to have my hair straightened about every 2 to 3 months. As you know back in October I cut my hair. I have been on a mission to grow my hair back ever since. With the help of the twists I got in January I made it to three months heat free.
Here is my hair from December... Here is my hair as of 3/14/16
I got a little bit of growth. Looking at it, I wish it was more but I think that I am being greedy. I also got a much needed trim. She cut about a half an inch.
Next update will be in June.
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Here is what it consists of...
(1.) 1 shampoo
(2.) 2 conditioners
(3.) 4 Leave-In conditioners
(4.) 3 Edge Controls
(5.) 1 Gel
(6.) 1 Growth Oil
(7.) 1 Deep Conditioner
(8.) 4 or 5 months worth of vitamins
I am thinking of doing a Mane Choice challenge at least through the end of the summer. I want to try my hand at using one product line consistently. Being the product junkie that I am, I never use products on a long term basis. I don't have a long attention span when it comes to products. I just love trying out new things. I have already cleared out my little storage bin on my dresser of all other products. I will switch up the deep conditioner every now and then though.
I also want to see if I get any additional growth with them. I'm not setting my sights high with that point. It will be cool to see of they deliver on that selling point. I just love what this line has been doing for my hair. I haven't felt this way about a product line since I was using Shi-Naturals a few years ago.
Saturday, March 5, 2016
1. I made my treatment by mixing the clay with some apple cider vinegar and argan oil in a glass bowl. With my hair in four sections, I sprayed my hair with water and applied the mask to my hair.
Here are a couple of pictures of my hair with the clay in it. I let the clay sit in my hair for a few hours and then rinsed it out in the shower.
2. I shampooed with Mane Choice's Detangling shampoo to help get the clay out of my hair and scalp. I used the Scalp Invigorator for a nice scalp massage but also to help remove the rest clay.
3. Next up was the detangling conditioner. This conditioner is very moisturizing and it defines my curls. When I rinse the conditioner out my stays moisturized.
4. I just ordered the Mane Choice deep conditioner, Until I get it, I deep conditioned and sat under the steamer with Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint Deep Conditioner.
5. Next, I applied the 3-in-1 Leave In and detangled my hair. I usually twist my hair and let it air try but I wanted to try another way to stretch my hair. I banded my hair. I find myself going back to this method every now and then. These are the results from them. I love how the leave-in gives my hair some shine. I rarely have any type of shine in my hair.
6. I used the above products to put my hair in my usual bun.
How was your wash day?
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Price: 13.99 on the Mane Choice website
Description: Soft As Can Be name says it all. A 3-in-1 conditioner formulated to revitalize and refresh the hair instantly. An advanced conditioner that can be used as a Co-Wash, Leave In, and Detangler. Adds shine, softness and manageability. Stops breakage during the detangling process. Leaves the hair softer and more elastic.