Thursday, December 18, 2014

Color Talk and Some Random Chit Chat

If you have been following my blog for awhile then you already know that back in March of 2013 I colored my hair at the salon using the Shea Moisture Color System in Bright Auburn and I loved it. When it came time for me to touch up the color my cousin who was doing my hair for me at the time was very hesitant about doing it. So I left it alone. When I decided to start frequenting the Huetifull Salon earlier this year, I revisited the idea again. On my second visit I asked my stylist what she thought about me coloring my hair. She said it would be best wait until I had cut a lot more of the relaxed ends off. I was about 8 or 9 months post relaxer then. I definitely had more relaxed ends. Again, I stuck a pin in that idea and just continued taking care of my hair. So fast forward to the last few months, I have really been itching to get my hair colored. Now it's time to scratch the itch. Lol Corny. I know. I asked my stylist about coloring my hair. She is the same stylist I asked earlier in the year. She said that I would be able to get it colored as long as I didn't go to bright. That won't be a problem because I want to stay in the reddish brown/auburn family. Now you know that made my day. After my appointment I went straight home and booked my appointment for Jan. 19. Ladies, I am really excited about coloring my hair. Although, I still have some color left in my hair, it's damn 2 years old. Lol I am ready to add a little flair to my hair. (I promise I wasn't trying to rhyme there.)
So to show how serious and excited I am about this, I have 2 folders worth of pictures I have saved from instagram to help me pick a color. One of the two folders are of the top six pics. They are all different shades of the same color. Lol Here are the pictures so you all can see what I am going for.
I'll be getting my hair done on Sunday and will show my stylist this picture. The color service I booked was for Partial Highlights and I booked my regular hydration treatment as well. I will be doing a post on my regimen for my soon to be colored treated, mostly natural and partially still relaxed hair. Lol Also look out for a post on the results next month.

Randoms:

I have a new found love of washing my hair. I never thought I would say that. Whether it's a good wash day or not so good, I enjoy it. Lol

I am very much so looking forward to the new Science of Transitioning book by Audrey Davis-Sivasothy. I haven't even finished the Science of Black Hair book yet but I will be purchasing this as soon as it is released.
Since my hair will be color treated I will give the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Shampoo another try. Maybe it'll perform better and I don't want to waste my money. I want to use products that are moisturizing and color safe. I believe the majority my products do just that.

So that no buy I was suppose to be on a couple months back. Yeah....that was an epic fail. I am sure you all have noticed some products you haven't seen me mention regularly. My product junkiness was in full swing. It's definitely time to cut off the product spending. We'll see how long I can go without purchasing a new product. My only leeway is to repurchase products that I run out of and plan on using regularly. 

If my wash days end like my last one did I can see myself continuing this stretch past August. We'll see. 

Update on the 30 Day Water Challenge. My water intake really didn't change. I drank the same amount of water that I normally do. I drink a decent amount of water,  it 
just didn't increase like I wanted to. 

I think this post is long enough. I hope you enjoyed a post that was something other than a wash day chronicles post. Lol

2 comments:

  1. Girl, that hair color is amazing. Like SERIOUSLY. I have often times wanted to get some color in my hair but I am not sure what color will look good on my skin tone. I cannot wait to see your new color!

    I just KNOW that book will be a good read. That sista is very knowlegable when it comes to hair, so I bet it will be worth the money. I wish I had gotten it when I first started transitioning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I have been stalking Instagram looking for color inspiration. I do feel like I'm in good hands at Huetiful. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I am eagerly anticipating her new book. I know that she is going to have some great information. I wish she still made You Tube videos.

      Delete