Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Transitioning Hair Tag FAQs

I just watched EbonyCPrincess' video of this tag earlier and I decided to do it because I wanted to do something a little different on my channel. Let's get started!

When did you start your transition?

I didn't start off wanting to transition. I just wanted to beat my previous stretch of 30 weeks. In fact, it took me a very long time to even start calling it a transition. I just wanted to see how long I could go without getting a relaxer.

Why are you transitioning?

This was a relaxer stretch that turned into a transition.

Do you plan on big chopping?

Nope. I will be doing a transition chop hopefully no sooner than 24 months post. I always felt like I used the term big chop a bit too loosely. Big chopping to me is when you cut your hair after a few months and a transition chop is when you cut the relaxed ends off a length transition. I know I'm being technical but that's how I feel.

What products do you use in your transition?
I have been using some of everything during this time. I love trying out new products!

How often do you wash your hair?

I wash once a week. I will probably go back to adding midweek co-washes to my routine,

What advice do you have for transitioners?

1. Big chop when are ready and not because you are being pressured by other.
2. Keep your hair moisturized.
3. Keep your regimen as simple as possible.
4. When you start to get frustrated...take...a...break. You can cause an unwanted setback dealing with your hair when are frustrated.

That's it. If want to do this tag on your blog, please do. I would love to read it.



Bonus:

I finally bought a pair of hair shears. I'm trying my best to hold out until August but that itch is getting stronger.

















I bought these expensive ass products to try out my first style after I cut: the wash and go! I've had my eye on that Curl Maker for months now.


2 comments:

  1. Great tag! You already brought scissors AND your products for your first wash n go?!? Girl, I give you 2 more months, tops!! I really want to try a WnG too and have been eyeing the Curl Maker as well. I think I will pick some up from Curl Mart during their sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I'm giving my self two more months too. I'm getting excited about it. I need to check out Curl Mart because the Curl Maker cost too much but it looks like it could last awhile. So that might offset the price.

      Delete