Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint Deep Conditioner

I finally got my hands on the Babassu Oil conditioner from Mielle Organics. I have been wanting to try this and now I am. I attended the Living No Lye Tour Chicago stop last month and the M.O. team was there. They weren't selling anything but I got a business card from one of the Reps that had a discount code on it. That night I ordered a bottle.

Description: Our Babassu Oil Mint Deep conditioning protein/moisture replenisher will restore dry/damaged hair. This native Amazonian palm fruit is high in sterols and tocopherols which are healthy for the hair and scalp. Enriched with fatty acids that provide a rich softness to the hair. Derived from natural oils and cetearyl alcohol which helps reduce frizz and fly aways. This deep conditioner is filled with two complex amino acids from wheat and soy and other natural sources that actually mimic the function of hair amino acids helping ton restore the function and moisture to damage and dry hair. Safe to use on color treated hair.

My thoughts: This conditioner has a 50/50  moisture/protein balance. It has a medium thick creamy consistency. The smell of the conditioner is very minty with a hint of citrus. It's a bit strong for me and it lingers for a couple of days. But the softness that I get from it is worth it. It goes onto the hair very smoothly and it helps with detangling. I love conditioners that melt into my hair and this one does just that. A little bit goes a long way. The first time I used it I was good and didn't use a lot of it. Oooh but the second time I use way too much. lol If I use a light hand with it I can get another 3 to 4 uses out of the 8oz jar. Both times I sat under the steamer for about 20 minutes and it left my hair very soft. It probably did strengthen my hair but it felt more moisturized than anything. I love this conditioner. It has been added to my list of favorite conditioners to use.  

Have you tried it? What are your thoughts? Let's chat.

2 comments:

  1. Great review! If her Black Friday sale is decent, I will pick up a jar. Been wanting to try this for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Huda beauty coupons

    ReplyDelete