Friday, January 25, 2013

Stretch Ended.....

Yeah, you read that correctly. I ended my stretch at 18 weeks post. I was ready to texlax my hair. I was ready for easier wash days and to enjoy my length for a little bit. Of course, as soon as I made the decision to get my touch up my scalp started to itch. lol I prepared for relaxer in two parts.

Part 1:

Sunday, January 20


  1. Clarified once with the ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo. I realized that my new growth does not like being clarified. It started to tangled almost instantly and i only lathered once. I have to find a better clarifying shampoo.
  2. I followed that up with a moisturizing shampoo, my Shi-Naturals Olive and Almond Oil Softening Shampoo.
  3. Used the Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor for a little bit of protein.
  4. Deep conditioned for 30 minutes w/ heat with the Shi-Naturals Olive and Almond Oil Softening Conditioner
  5. Detangled with the usual duo, TreSemme Naturals and Garnier Fructis
  6. Air Dried
Part 2:

Thursday, January 24

  1. Based my scalp with Summit Scalp Base
  2. Applied Roux Porosity Control on the length of my hair

I went to the shop to get my relaxer/texlax touch up. I didn't burn but I did feel a tingle and believe it was from her trying to get through my new growth, which was a little rough, and that disturbed my scalp a bit. It has been 8 weeks since I used direct heat on my hair and that continued today. I got a roller wrap but I did flat iron my roots when I got home because they were puffy from being underprocessed. I did that in big sections. Nothing major. I didn't do a length check because I know that my hair didn't gain much length in 8 weeks. I will do a length check when both the Shi-Naturals and Deep Conditioning Challenges are over in July.

I will maintain my straight hair by pin curling. I watched a video by AccordingtoChloeC and really liked how she pin curled her hair. The way I had been pin curling my hair was to start rolling at the ends. My hair never came out right. Her way of doing it is to start at the scalp and curl the hair that way. Her way worked better for me. So this is my go to technique for pin curls.

So my "'All' Natural" Challenge will officially begin when I wash my hair a week or so from today. Can't wait but until then I am going to enjoy the fruit of my hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment