So today was wash day and it was one of my more successful wash days. For me being 18 weeks post, I need more wash days like today.
1. I parted my hair into 6 small sections. I have never done this before but washing my hair in smaller sections helped me to minimize tangles. Four sections is no longer good enough for me.
2. Taking one section at a time, I rinsed with water to loosen whatever dirt and product build up that is on the hair.
3. I took the advice of Age in Atl and smoothed the conditioner onto my new growth first. Next, I applied it to the length of the hair. Instantly I could feel my hair becoming detangled. I proceeded to rinse it out.
4. After rinsing I t-shirt dried for a little bit.
5. Applied Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream deep conditioner to my hair. I let sit in my hair for about 15 minutes with just a plastic cap. I sat under the dryer for about 20 minutes. I didn't steam this time because I already steamed once this week.
6. Rinsed the conditioner out in the sink after letting my hair cool off for a few minutes.
7. Applied my Shi-Naturals Protein Balance Leave-in (spray) and Garnier Fructis Anti-Frizz serum and proceeded to finger detangle. I only encountered one knot. Yay! As I continue to air dry, I will still check for tangles. Yes, I am paranoid. lol
As for the As I Am Coconut Cowash, I have completely changed my views on this conditioner. It cleansed my hair so nicely and didn't leave it feeling dry and stripped. The slip that this conditioner has is amazing. My hair was so easy to detangle. I can admit that my first go round with this product was all my fault. I definitely see the cowash sticking around for a long time in my regimen. Especially if I continue to have wash days like this.