Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Taking A Heat Break and a Few Other Things

You all know that I have no qualms about putting heat on my hair. I usually try to get my hair straightened once a month but I have decided to give my hair a heat break for a bit. I don't have a set time for how long I will be doing this. I have been throwing around the idea of getting twists and giving myself a break from dealing with my hair. If you are familiar with the hair vlogger Donedo, then you might know that she lives in the Chicago area like I do and does braids and twists. In her latest videos, she has been sporting some really nice twists that she dubbed the "Brandy Twist". I am contemplating letting her do them. One of the reasons I am taking a break from the heat is because I have a love hate relationship with my flat iron hair. I love the ease of flat ironed hair and see the length that I have achieved but I am not a fan of the fact that my hair is fine and doesn't have much thickness to it. Also, the older my flat iron hair gets, for some reason, I find that my hair starts to stick together at the ends. This makes combing a bit scary because I am afraid of causing unnecessary damage the ends. I have also become length obsessed slightly. lol If I keep my hair kinky/curly, it makes it harder for me to really see how long it gotten.

After seeing a video from MoKnowsHair earlier in the year about the Aphogee Texture Treatment, I finally understand what the hell that product is suppose to do. The area that I am trying to "fix" is a section in the bangs area because I have no clue what is going on with section. I don't if it's heat damage or if that area just has no particular curl pattern at all. I have been leaning toward the latter because it's always been waaaay more straighter than the rest of my hair. I used it this past wash day and I saw some semblance of a curl coming through. I will use once a week for about month to see if it makes a difference. This is my hair with the treatment on it. I am thinking that my hair is a type 4b/4c with a hint of 4a right at the back. I am still not use to my hair at all. I have moments where I want to say f**k and go get a relaxer. 







I revisited the Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-in as well. I tried this on my hair about 2 or 3 years ago and didn't like it. Now that I am fully natural, I wanted to give it a shot again. I like it way better this time around. My hair is easy to detangle and is left moisturized once my hair has fully dried. The price is steep but I don't mind treating myself to a good hair product. lol Despite what the bottle looks like in the picture I haven't used a lot of this product.

How is your hair journey going?

2 comments:

  1. Hummmmm. I may have to holla at the Aphogee Texture Treatment. As you know, I got some heat damage, so maybe it will help. I will pick some up this weekend. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Lupine Pet Discount Code

    ReplyDelete