Saturday, February 16, 2013

Wash Day Chronicles 2 (Feb 15, 2013):Carol's Daughter Monoi


There are 2 lessons I learned this wash day. One of which I already knew yet I keep ignoring it.
1.           Stick to what you already know
2.         Be careful what you ask for

Let’s start with #1
I really felt like my hair needed to be a little bit stronger. After seeing a couple of reviews about the Carol’s Daughter Monoi Line by a couple of relaxed haired YouTubers, I decided to give it a try. It claims to make hair 13x’s stronger after 1 use and to reduce breakage by 96%. I should have just stuck with my Shi-Naturals. I bought the starter kit that had the repairing shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask.
I’m not sure how I feel about this line but I don’t think that I am a fan of it. The shampoo, although sulfate-free, didn’t feel like it was sulfate-free. My hair felt like I used a sulfate shampoo just really clean but not moisturized. I’m guessing what I was feeling was stronger hair and I’m just not use to it. The conditioner didn’t condition. My hair wasn’t very soft.  Instead of using the hair mask I deep conditioned with the Shi-Naturals Moisture Balance Deep Conditioner. Even that didn’t help. I was seeing more broken hair when I was putting on the deep conditioner than I was use to seeing.
My hair was harder to detangle. I decided to rewash my hair using the Shi-Naturals Olive and Almond Oil Softening shampoo then applied the Curls Unleashed conditioner. My hair still didn’t feel soft. So I went on detangle my hair and let it air dry. If I would have just stuck with my Shi-Naturals wash day routine I wouldn’t be having this problem. I thought that since my hair liked the Chocolat’ Line that it would like this line as well and that was not the case at all. STICK TO WHAT YOU KNOW.

On to lesson #2
I wanted stronger hair and I believe that's what I got and I didn’t like the feeling. Or as I stated before I just wasn’t use to it. I got what I wanted though huh. I can’t wait until my co-rinse day.

I think that it will be a very long time before I use these products again.



No comments:

Post a Comment