Thursday, February 28, 2013

Silk Dreams Goodies


I really like helping out small businesses. I have been purchasing the majority of my hair products from small businesses. Shi-Naturals and Silk Dreams have really been getting a deal of my business. These two companies are my favs.

Note 1: My three criteria for a great conditioner is that it leaves my hair soft, manageable, and moisturized. So you will see these three words a lot.

Silk Dreams has a lot of wonderful products. I have taken a real liking to their deep conditioners. But let's back track to I was first introduced to Silk Dreams Hair Care. I first saw an advertisement for Silk Dreams on the KISS website. I visited the website a few times but didn't commit to buying anything at first. Months later fellow Hairlista made group for the Silk Dreams and raved about how her hair loved these products. My interested was piqued again but didn't pull the trigger. I was browsing one of my favorite blogs Just Grow Already and Jeni had mentioned that was trying out some products from Silk Dreams. What got me to finally order was her review of Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture conditioner. I was sold. 

Here are the ones that I keep in my deep conditioning rotation.



Let's start with the Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream. (VSCMD)

Ingredients: Water,Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol,Stearalkonium Chloride,Vanilla Butter(coconut oil,palm oil,vanilla planifolia), Honey, Simmondsia chinensis(Jojoba) Oil,Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Prunus armeniaca(Apricot Kernel) Oil,Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey,Dimethyl Stearamine,Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein,Panthenol, Lactic Acid, Germall Plus,Fragrance

This was the first conditioner that I tried and loved. The  texture has a very thick and creamy consistency to it almost liked it's whipped and it smells so good. Like vanilla frosting. It doesn't take a lot of conditioner to cover my entire head. Although when I first used it I slathered it on because it melted right into my hair. I deep condition with this for 30 min w/heat. It leaves my hair very soft and moisturized. My new growth was very manageable. Although this conditioner is a moisture treatment, it does contain some protein; Hydrolyzed Milk Protein and Hydrolyzed Silk Protein. Theses two ingredients are at the bottom of the ingredients list. So those who are protein sensitive, in my opinion can still use it. You have you your moisture-protein balance in one jar. 

Next up Chocolate Bliss

Ingredients: Water, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Cream, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Agave tequilana (Agave) Nectar, Aloe Vera Juice, Prunus dulcis (Almond) Oil,  Cacao Powder, Citric Acid,  Germall Plus, Fragrance, Anthemis nobilis (Chamomile) Extract


This conditioner is a chocoholic's dream. I love the way this chocolatey scented creamy conditioner leaves my hair. It has a thick consistency but not as thick as the VSCMD. The jars that I have has almost have a mousse-like texture. Like I do all of my conditioners, I apply it to t-shirt dried hair usually about 45% dry. Put on a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for 30 minutes. This conditioner just like VSCMD leaves my hair feeling so good. 

Lastly Mocha Silk Infusion (MSI)

Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Coffea arabica (Coffee Seed) Butter, Palm Kernel Oil, Panthenol, Theobroma grandiflorum (Cupuacu) Butter, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Cocoa Powder, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Germall Plus, Fragrance


This conditioner is a light to medium protein conditioner depending on your hair. My hair always feels a little stronger but still moisturized after using it. I have.

I have never been a fan of any coffee, mochas, or lattes but last summer my new addiction was the McDonald's Chocolate Chip Frappe. I said that say that this conditioner smells like that Frappe. It has a very light coffee scent but I actually like it just because it isn't overpowering in the least. It is recommended that you use a very moisturizing conditioner or a substantially moisturizing
leave-in conditioner afterwards. I use my TreSemme Naturals and Garnier Fructis Anti-Frizz Serum afterwards as my leave-ins and detanglers. That works fine for me.

If you are interested in trying out Silk Dreams click this link: http://www.silkdreamshaircare.com/

The owner, Jorien, provides great customer service. If you have a problem with your order, email her and she gets back to you quickly.

Also allow some time for your order to process because these are HANDMADE natural products. Also take advantage of sales. She gets a lot of orders and if you wait to put in order after a sale the site might be shut down to taking orders while she processes and ships out orders. Believe her customers take full advantage her sales.







3 comments:

  1. Maybe that's what I was doing wrong with this product? Maybe I need to let my hair dry a little before I apply it? Have you ever used it on wet hair? Do you have issues with tangling when applying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which product are you refering to? I haven't had any issues with the silk dreams products that I have used.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete