Monday, May 13, 2013

Book Review

10 Easy Steps to Go Natural Without Cutting Your Hair Off by Nik Scott
*This is going to be a short review*

This book is very short and easy read. I honestly feel like I could have saved my money. This book mainly focuses on the psychological aspect of going natural and a lot of it is pretty repetitive and it's not very thorough. There really isn't much else to say about it. One of the main points that she focuses on throughout the book is referring to your new growth as just your natural hair. She crosses out the phrase new growth numerous times. She wants you stop looking at your new growth as a separate entity and think of it as one head of hair.

Ex: "I was ready for the over flow of new growth natural hair that I had, I was ready for the styling changes that I needed to do."

After awhile this got annoying but I understand where she is coming from.

If you are having a hard time wrapping your mind around going natural and you need a bit of mental kick this book is for you. If you are looking for more of practical approach, techniques, and tips you will not find it here. I was one of those people who was looking for more specific tips since she transition for a little over a year. Since I am not planning on relaxing/texlaxing anytime soon and those types of tips would definitely have been helpful. Although the book was a pleasant read it wasn't what I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment