|My hair as of 9/7/14|
Here are a few things that have been helping me get through the last year of stretching.
1. Cutting the number of wash days: Although I have just started doing this As you all know I washed my hair twice a week at one point. I decided to start washing only once a week to help cut down the amount of manipulation.
2. Keeping my hair moisturized: I deep condition my hair weekly using my steamer and moisturize and seal as often as needed.
3. Limit heat usage: I am not opposed to using heat. When I get tired of my hair being in a bun I run to get my hair flat ironed. I don't it often. Doing this helps me to retain my length and keeps away split ends.
4. Protective style: I bun my hair all the time. That's my only style. I bun so much that when I do get my hair done people are shocked. lol
5. Keeping my new growth stretched: Doing this helps to keep tangles at bay. Yes I still get them bur they are definitely reduced when the new growth is stretched. I have done the tension method before but I have changed to twisting and flat twisting my hair to stretch it.
6. NOT STRESSING OVER MY HAIR: I'm not saying that my hair doesn't get on my nerves but I don't stress over it. Take a deep breath and relax. I know for some
7. Keep it simple: My wash days are very simple. shampoo, deep condition, detangle then style. For me that's all it takes. Any more steps then I might drive myself crazy.
Here's to another year of a successful hair journey!