Sunday, November 2, 2014

30 Days Without Heat and Huetiful Visit



I made it through the month without using heat. Whoo-hoo! lol I knew it would not have been much of a problem since I had already been a heat free for a little over a month when the challenge started. Since I like doing challenges, I wanted to participate anyway. How did I do with my game plan?

1. Deep condition weekly with steam - check
2. M&S daily or every other day - check
3. Air Drying in twist -  check
4. Try out the banding method - check and hated it



Being heat free for the last 2 months has been very beneficial to my hair. My ends are looking great despite my concerns. I am LOVING the health of my hair. She only cut about about 1/4th of an inch all around. When she was going through my hair to trim, I was really digging the shine and the overall look of my hair. The service I that I had done is called the Huetiful Hydrating and Conditioning Treatment. It includes shampoo (the hair is detangled at this stage), deep conditioning steam treatment and my choice of a blow dry and flat ironed style. There are other choices you can get such as a wash and go or protective style.

The pics below were the only decent ones I could get. The curls I had dropped but I love the loose curl look. I haven't wrapped my hair in awhile so to preserve my straight hair, I just put my hair in a ponytail at the top of my head and twist it around itself. When I let my hair down the next day the loose curl look is still intact. My natural hair has officially taken over my head. I have way more natural hair than relaxed. The relaxed ends look so puny in comparison especially when wet. I'm keeping my hair straight for about 2 weeks then at the beginning of December I'll be at the salon again getting my hair done before my trip. That's it. Nothing too exciting going on in my hair world. lol Just enjoying the ride!

  





7 comments:

  1. Your ends look great in these shots! Congrats on 30 days without heat!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girl! I have been paranoid about my ends. I was happy to see that they are hanging in there.

      Delete
  2. Hi Candace! Thank you for taking the ride with us on our challenge. Congrats on making it to the end and seeing good progress. That makes it so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting a great challenge. I have joined the water challenge as well.

      Delete
  3. As usual, they did an amazing job on your hair. Your retention is awesome!

    ReplyDelete