Here are a few of the things I have tried over the last 3 years on this hair journey that didn't stick around:
1. Pre-pooing - After awhile I just didn't feel like it was doing anything for me.
2. Deep conditioning overnight - I would do this once a week but I got scared that I would cause unwanted moisture overload. So I stopped. Also, it was just uncomfortable to sleep like that.
3. Tea Rinses - I wasn't even shedding that much but once I watched Traycee's video on tea rinses I went to Walmart and bought the same tea she used. I did it a couple of times it was cool but it wasn't something I felt I needed to continue to do.
4. Oil Rinses/hot oil treatments - Just too damn messy
5. Caruso Rollers - I suck at using rollers any type of rollers for that matter
6. Oils - I bought Avocado, Almond, Jojoba, Grapeseed, Apricot, Jamaican Black, Coconut, Peppermint, Tea Tree, and Lavendar Oils. I used them to seal and for hot oil treatments. Just didn't care for them after awhile. The only one that stuck around is coconut oil.
7. So many different products. One N Only Argan Oil line, Garnier Fructis moisturizer, Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship, Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, and many many more. All though I am still a bit of a product junkie, I have found my staple products in Shi-Naturals and Silk Dreams.
8. Coconut Oil pills
9. Honey- Messy and unnecessary
10. Baggy Method
11. Growth Oils
Trial and error is a big part of hair journeys and it can get a bit pricey. Through all of that and a whole lot of patience, hopefully you'll find what your hair likes. Like I said I was able to make it to BSB and working on BSL then eventually MBL.
I know a few of you have seen these pics throughout my blog before but to someone who hasn't looked at my older posts, here are my before and after shots.