Friday, January 2, 2015

Wash Day Chronicles: 70 Weeks Post

Hey ladies! I hope that everyone had a great holiday season! Let's get into this wash day.

As usual I kept my wash day as simple as I could. I washed my hair on the 28th after one week of having my straight hair. My roots reverted after a while and that's when I knew it was time to wash. January makes 1 year and 5 months since my last relaxer. *fist pumps* lol

{1} I rinsed my hair for about 3 minutes to loosen the dirt and product buildup. I grabbed Hydratherma Naturals Moisture Boosting shampoo. This is such a good shampoo. It leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean but not dry. The texture of it is very thick but lathers pretty quickly. This one is a winner.
{2} I used Hairitage Hydration's Sticky Honey Hash Conditioner which restored the moisture levels to my hair very well. I will miss this conditioner when it's gone because the owner is closing down shop for awhile and I won't be able to repurchase. Besides I'm trying my best to stick to my no buy for the next 6 months anyway.
{3} Next, it was time to deep condition. I used my favorite protein deep conditioner, Hydratherma Naturals Amino Plus Protein Deep Conditioning Treatment. I detangled and twisted my hair then sat under the steamer.
{4} After rinsing out the DC, I applied the Knot Sauce, detangled again, and retwisted my hair to air dry.
{5} Once my hair was about 90% dry, I put my hair into a bun which is my go to style during this phase of my journey. I used the As I Am Smoothing Gel to slick down my hairline and making my bun more neat looking.

I must say that I am super thankful that my wash days are still very much bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment