Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wash Day Chronicles: 4/13/13 and I really want a steamer!

I usually shampoo wash my hair on Fridays but since my Saturday plans changed I went ahead and pushed it back. This wash day I wanted to be pretty quick or at least as quick as I could make it. I started the night before by adding a detangling step. I parted my hair into 4 sections. Going section by section, I sprayed my hair with the Protein Balance Leave-In just enough to dampen the hair. Then lightly finger detangled my hair. I did this to help make washing easier and it kinda did. I'm thinking about purchasing the Mega Detangling Hair Spritz from Shi-Naturals since I'll be adding the extra detangling step. The next day, I clarified with the Bobeam Cocoa and Rhassoul Shampoo bar, lathering twice. I love how this shampoo bar makes my hair feel. It cleans my hair very well but leaves it feeling soft. I'm extremely happy with this product. I skipped the instant conditioner step because I just didn't feel like doing it. As much I enjoy my wash days, I'm not feeling how long it takes to wash my hair. Moving on to deep conditioning. I was going to use the Avocado Pudding dc from Silk Dreams but decided not to. Chocolate Bliss was more my speed. As usual my hair came out just fine after sitting under the dryer for about 25 minutes. I went ahead and applied my leave-ins, detangled, and let my hair air dry. All done! lol 

On to some rambling. Last weekend I attended the Black Women's Expo here in Chicago. This expo covers everything from health and fitness, to hair, and entertainment. I was able to see Faith Evans perform and wish I would have seen Tamala Mann but I didn't go the day she was there. I had a really nice time. Of course my eyes were fixated on the hair products. Curls Unleashed, As I Am, the creator of Camille Love Rose was there with her products, and a few others. I didn't purchase one thing. I am proud of myself. lol  One booth, who I can't remember the name of, fueled my thirst for wanting a steamer. They had a steamer on display and I was finally able to see a steamer person. If it didn't cost $99.00 I would have bought it right on the spot. I am hoping to have my hands on one by the summer. Just feeling the steam and thinking about how it could help me in this "indefinite"stretch made me want one even more. Yes, ladies the thirst is real. lol Can't wait to get my hands on a steamer.


4 comments:

  1. I love myself some Faith Evans! Did you take some pics? Until you can get your hands on a steamer, I just posted about a method you can try that gives similar results: http://wwwlovingmyhair.blogspot.com/2013/04/hair-steaming-without-steamer.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did a really good job. She performed all of her hits from back in the day. We didn't stay for the whole performance but I liked what I did see. I took a couple of pics but I don't like how they look. I read your post about the alternative ways to steam. I might try one of the out to see how it goes.

      Delete
  2. I have the Secura S-192 Hair and Facial Steamer and it works great. I bought it on amazon for US $80 maybe you can look into that one, girl I know about that thirst, I will need to attend Product Junkie Anonymous soon! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the steamer that I have my eye on. I hear it's just as good as the Huetiful Hair Steamer but cheaper. I hope that it will be in my possession this summer.

      Delete