Thursday, March 28, 2013

First Wash after Highlights

Note: I had two rambling posts about this but I took them down. lol

I was trying to hold out on washing my hair until Sunday but they didn't happen. I was experiencing breakage. Long pieces and short pieces of hair was on my shirt and I was freaking out. I don't want to deal with a setback because I colored my hair. No amount of moisturizing seemed to be helping. The part that gets me is that my hair felt soft. How is that possible. Soft hair but breakage; weird combo. I had to nip that in the bud with the quickness. So I co-washed my hair last night and I am so happy I did. I washed twice with Shi-Naturals No-Poo Co-wash conditioner. Followed by Curls Unleashed No Restrictions conditioner. My hair was feeling so much better by this point. Then I deep conditioned with the last of my Shi-Naturals Moisture Balance/Protein Balance deep conditioner mix. My hair is thanking me. As much as I love my straight hair, I don't think that my hair likes being straight or more so the dryness that seems to come along with it. Which is why I use heat very sparingly. Now I'm not experiencing any breakage even while detangling. I am officially happy again. lol

2 comments:

  1. Whew! I was getting worried for you for a second. But you got this chica. Keep listening to your hair!

    Www.savingourstrands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP! I was worried for a minute to. But like you said I got this under control. lol

      Delete